Friday, July 25, 2008

Waving My White Flag

OK, that's it. I surrender. I am officially in over my head here and my ability to cope is failing fast. At my bio.physical profile today, we discovered that, over the past week, I have developed moderate p.olyhydramnios. Basically, the universe seems to feel I do not have enough to worry about and now I have an excess of amniotic fluid. Besides making me uncomfortable and contributing to all these non-productive contractions, p.olyhydramnios is associated with all kinds lovely issues. Cord p.rolapse, postpartum hem.orrhage and stillbirth, being my personal favorites.

I feel like I have been trying to stay strong for so long - to deal with everything that has been thrown at me this pregnancy. This may be the last straw.

I give up. I'm not really capable of much else at this point.

14 comments:

STE said...

Can they admit you to the hospital to keep an eye on you? You were scheduled to induce/deliver on the 30th, is it possible to push it up a little?

Seems like it's time for the doctor to take care of you for your piece of mind as well as the health of this baby.

I cannot imagine the kind of stress you must be feeling, though I hope you know that you have the support and positive energy (for what that's worth) of all of us here in DBL.

Thinking of you.

janis said...

ditto what STE said, can you check in and be monitored?
This is so stressful, and crappy. Sending you all the positive energy...

G said...

oh ash I am sorry for this added stress. I will continue to keep you in my positive thoughts.
Xo
G

Clarissa said...

Didn't you have something similar w/ K?

I know things seem overwhelming at times, but know that your doctors are keeping on top of things. If worse comes to worse, demand to get induced.

k@lakly said...

I'd go straight to the MD, do not pass go, get admitted and go with a c-section. You don't need stress like this, and you don't need a list of complications like those hanging over your head and heart for even a second.
Have them test the baby for lung development, get the steroid shots if you need them and tell them to get your baby out and into your arms, now.
You poor thing, I will be holding my breath and crossing everything until I hear the good news.
xxoo

CLC said...

Ditto Kalakly. Get that baby out. I will be praying for you. I can't imagine the stress you feel. We are all holding our breaths waiting.

niobe said...

What everyone else said. You shouldn't have to deal with this alone. I hope they're monitoring you very closely and, if feasible, considering delivery asap.

Thinking of you.

Ange said...

I agree too...get induced and get this baby out. If they won't do that for another few days at least be at the hospital getting monitored. You poor stressed thing. Looking very forward to hearing gorgeous baby news.

noswimmers said...

I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this stress right now. I hope you are able to get in and deliver your healthy baby soon!

c. said...

I'd wave that white flag, too, Ash. I completely agree with K@lakly. You do not need more stress, on top of what you've already experienced. I am holding you and your little babe close to my heart, while sending positive, healthy thoughts.

Tash said...

Oh Dear God. With everyone else -- baby needs out now, and I hope you can find a doctor who will listen to you with understanding and compassion as well as reason. And I don't hope for much these days.

Thinking of you mightily.

battynurse said...

Coming over from lost and found. I hope that you have gotten some more or better answers since your last post or that baby is here and all is ok. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Julia said...

I am sorry. This does seem like way too much stress. I hope your doctors are taking both the condition and your stress level seriously enough to act on it.

Martha said...

Here's a hug, will keep you and your family in my prayers and Best Wishes Always. Here from Lost and Found.